Sunday, May 9, 2010

Five-Nine-Ten

When I can lend a hand without expecting a hand to be lent in return
When I can be gentle without being weak
When I've found the balance between beauty and strength
When I've learned the difference between want and need
When I can be mysterious without being annoying
When I can dance when no music is playing
When I can spend a night on my knees in prayer
When I can cling to hope even when hope seems to have abandoned me
When I can cry without making a sound
When I can smile a real smile even though my heart is breaking
When I can treasure the preciousness of quiet moments
When I can help without taking over
When I can ask without nagging
When I can tell whether it's a time to hold close or let go
When I can tell whether it's a time to hold my tongue or speak my mind
When I can listen to what people are saying and hear what they're not
When I can carry myself with dignity, not pride
When I can make a meal from nothing and serve it to five unexpected dinner guests
When I've learned the secret art to telling a good bedtime story spur of the moment
When I've learned to live with my hands open
When I've learned to love without holding back
When I can tell whether it's a time to work hard or play hard
.........................That's when I will be a woman, but only half of the woman my mother is
Happy Mother's Day Mama!
Forever and Always,
-Your Sarah

1 comment:

Janai Fuentes said...

awwwwww!!! i loved this!! it was soo sweet! hope your mom had a good mother's day! =)